2018 Workshops & Seminars
Free / Minimal
- The DPC / CSP has had a strong tradition of providing quality speakers at workshops & seminars across our diocese, at no cost to families. During 2017 focus was on the #FutureReady Parent Conference hosted for the CCSP NSW/ACT.
In 2018 the CSP, in response to working towards our 2016-2018 Strategic Plan , are undertaking a new model to support each of the 3 clusters further meeting the individual needs of each unique cluster.
- Katherine Cook: child & family PSYCHOLOGIST
Katharine is a registered Child and Family Psychologist who specialises in the areas of attachment, separation, trauma, anxiety, grief, child behaviour, adolescent issues, perinatal depression & parenting issues.
In addition to individual and family therapy, Katharine also provides critical incident psychological first aid, disaster recovery counselling, consults to NGOs and Department of Family and Community Services, writes for popular media, runs seminars and speaks at corporate and professional conferences.
Contact Katherine:Family Psychology Practice, in the Northern Beaches, is a specialist therapeutic service for children, adolescents and adults.
www.familypsychology.com.auJennie Coen: Mental Health Social Worker, Author, presenter
- Think U know: what young people see, do and say onlineThinkUKnow, started in the UK, was developed for Australian audiences by the AFP in 2009. Parent presentations are delivered by trained, accredited, volunteers from law enforcement and our industry partners (Microsoft, Datacom and Commonwealth Bank), and aim to provide information that is accurate, relevant and actionable.
It is Australia’s first (and only) nationally delivered crime prevention program.
Book a presentation
- Brett Lee: Internet safe EducationParent Presentations - are delivered from the perspective of undercover internet detective Brett Lee, who worked as a Queensland Police Officer for 22 years, with 16 years in the field of Child Exploitation,
The four key messages these presentations achieve will create a mindset whereby parents firmly believe: ● The internet is a safe and valuable place
● Our children need to be part of that world
● As parents we already possess the skills to protect our children online
● We have to be part of that process.
- title 0Bruce SullivanBest- selling author, Business Leader and Australian National Speakers Keynote Presenter of the year, Bruce, will lead you through a dynamic presentation on how to live your best life now and being your best version OF YOU as a parent. Read more
See him in action on his website, listen to his free Podcasts, or see his best- selling books. Connect with: Phone 1800 858687
Email Melissa@brucesullivan.comMichael Grose: Parenting educator, authorMichael Grose is one of Australia's leading parenting educators and author of 8 parenting books inc,
Teach your Child to Shrug and Does Your Child Learn the Hard Way? Michael appears regularly on television and radio discussing relevant issues for modern parents and professionals. Parenting Presentations - right (pdf). Connect with Michael: Phone 1800 004484